Wednesday 11 July 2007

Custom exceptions in custom components

Just published my first article at CodeProject.

At the end they suggested I wrote some conclusion, so I got into a philosophical mood and wrote:

I strongly believe that for every programming pattern out there -- be it GoF, Microsoft, or your own, there should be a corresponding pattern of exception handling and/or raising, or at least the exceptions should be made an essential part of the pattern. After all, exceptions are classes, so many existing patterns could be applied to them. Perhaps some day we'll hear about Exception factories, Exception Strategies, and Exception Observers?

This is interesting, I do read a lot about design practices and patterns lately, and exceptions seem totally out of sight. Why? It's almost like not mentioning the devil..

No comments: